4.05.2011

Caleb's First Birthday

Caleb is 1! 
(I know I'm a little late on this post, but I've been really busy lately.)



I can't believe how quickly this past year has flown. It's so crazy to think that a year ago, I was holding my tiny little baby with so much joy and love. I didn't think I could EVER love him more than I did at that moment. I was so wrong. It's crazy how much more I love him today than I did a year ago.

On Caleb's birthday we went to the mexican restaurant in our town with family. He was serenaded by the waiters and ate almost an entire piece of cheese cake! Then for his birthday party, we had a huge bash at our house. HUGE. I walked into birthday planning very naively and didn't think it would end up so crazy (there were 20 kids there, 9 being babies 1 and under) Despite the craziness, it was really fun.We are so blessed with great friends and family. Caleb's dessert of choice was a cupcake. Caleb won't put ANYTHING into his mouth, which is really nice not worrying about him choking etc. BUT this includes food. Oh, and he eats all day long. Our second won't be able to get away with this haha. Anyways, so I put the cupcake up to his mouth to see if he would take a bite and he just started sucking on it haha. He's so cute. He had a really great birthday :)

I had Caleb's great Aunt Twila take pictures at the party, so as soon as I get those, I'll share all of the pictures!

I think Caleb probably weighs about the same (22 lbs). He hasn't really grown much and is still in the same size clothes he's been wearing since he was 6 months. I have his doctor's appointment soon so I'll update that when I know.

He's not really doing any new tricks these days. Just crawling around fast like a pro, talking up a storm (dada is a favorite word), and laughing and smiling all of the time. He's so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment