10.05.2009

15 Weeks

I'm now 15 weeks and some days pregnant. I'm still feeling a lot better, just still not sleeping very well. I've noticed that I get a little nauseous still if I'm REALLY tired, but that's very manageable. Most the time, I have a huge appetite, which I've enjoyed haha. Most of my cravings so far are for restaurants in Texas, which blows, but I'll just have to eat at those places when I visit! My tummy feels a little weird and pretty uncomfortable lately, but I guess that's just what happens when it's growing :)


The town that we live in was evacuated on Sunday. There was a wildfire really close to Wrightwood and when it became a threat we were told to leave. My mom in law called us around 3 AM to let us know to pack up and come over to their house. Shortly after her call, the police started driving up and down the streets letting us know that we were being evacuated. Welcome to California! :) I was pretty scared at the time, but after we were out and had been updated on the news, I wasn't worried anymore.. just another adventure to add to Jordan and my first year of marriage! Our home and all of our family's homes are safe, so we are so thankful. We've been staying down in a city called Hesperia. We're still waiting to get back into town, but we at least have another night away. Our baby has already gone through their first wildfire haha just kidding!

So this is what has changed with the baby since last week:
-The baby is about 4 inches long, crown to rump. (about the size of an apple)
-It was about 2.5 ounces.
-They are busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs beging to develop.
-The legs are growing longer than the arms, and they can move all of the joints and limbs!
-The eyelids are still fused shut, but they can still sense light. If I pointed a flashlight at my tummy, the baby is likely to move away from the beam.

A good friend, Tracy Sandoz, reminded me of a passage in the Bible that we had memorized when I was in high school. She was my leader at the time. The passage was Psalm 139. I'm so glad she reminded me of it! It's always been special since we spent so much time with it and I learned so much, but reading it as an expecting mom made it a different kind of special. Thanks so much Tracy :)

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit and when I rise; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it all together. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to the heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night, even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depts of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you." Psalm 139: 1-18

22 days until we find out if we're having a Caleb Bradley or Ruby Claire. We cannot wait! :)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda! I really enjoy reading about all of your updates with your pregnancy! I am so excited for you two! I am sorry to hear about the wildfires! My Mom's side of the family lives up there and they were mentioning it this week and then it made me think of you two also! I know that is scary but I am glad everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete