7.22.2010

Yummy Recipes that I've made this week


Asian Ginger Mahi Mahi



I made this last night for dinner and I thought it was delicious! I made the mahi mahi with asparagus and a salad. So yummy!

Asian Ginger Mahi Mahi
**This recipe makes is for too Mahi Mahi fillets.

3 TBS Soy Sauce
1 Clove Garlic, crushed or to taste (I put in 4 cloves, but I like garlic!)
3 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
3 TSP Olive Oil
3 TBS Honey
1 TSP Fresh Ginger Root (I didn't use this because I didn't have any and it was still delicious)
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Mix all of the ingredients together. Place Mahi Mahi in a large plastic bag and add the marinade. Marinate for at least 20 minutes. I marinated the fish for about 4 hours.

Heat 1 TSP olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove fish from the bag and reserve the marinate. Saute fish for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets and keep warm. Pour reserved marinade into the skillet and bring to a boil to thicken to a glazed consistency. Spoon glaze over the fish and serve immediately.


Next time, I'll definitely add the ginger and sprinkle some sesame seeds over it and then have asparagus and rice pilaf for the sides. This has some of the lowest points on weight watchers but it tastes so good.

Grilled Raspberry Chicken



I made this tonight and it was so good! We are also on a tight budget this month so I skipped all the garnishments besides the raspberries. You gotta have the raspberries.

Here's what you need to make it:
Marinade:
1/2 Cup Raspberry Vinear
1/2 Cup Red Wine (I just used Barefoot Merlot, I was too cheap to buy the type for cooking)
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
4 Garlic Cloves, minced (I might have put in 8.. mmm garlic)
I TSP Black Pepper

Mix all of this together and then place the chicken in a plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Marinate for at least an hour, the longer the yummier. This makes enough marinade for 8 chicken breast. I was way too lazy to do the math for how much marinade is needed for just 2 chicken breast, so my chicken was drowning in marinade. I don't think it made a difference.

Garnish:
1 Sprig Watercress
1 Sprig Parsley
1/2 Pint Fresh Raspberries
**Mint would be good instead of parsley**

I served this with mixed rice & herbs and green beans sauteed in soy sauce and butter. SO good!
The chicken recipe is from the south beach diet cook book, so it's a healthy option. 

Blackberry Cobbler
Thank you Pioneer Woman


1 stick Butter
1-¼ cup Sugar
1 cup Self-Rising Flour
1 cup Milk
2 cups Blackberries (frozen Or Fresh)

Melt butter in microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish, don't be shy with the butter.

Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter, distributing evenly. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you are a fatty like me, sprinkle an additional teaspoon or more of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it's done. 

Serve with vanilla ice cream on top...blue bell home made vanilla if you are lucky enough to live where they sell it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment